Thursday, July 28, 2005

Power & Position

I had a talk with my supervisor and i was really disappointed. I couldnt really enjoy my lunch too...

She told me that since i am in the position of the coordinator, i have the "power" and ofcos the "position". My very good friend marcia seems to be doing a lot of this for the art scene and marcia and i are both very clear of our individual roles though many may not. My sup told me that i cannot let people have the impression that marcia is overthrowing me. frankly speaking, i dont really care. I would gladly give up the post to marcia, anytime! Sup told me that i have to come up with ways to let people see her as beneath me and that i am the "supreme" one. I want my friendship with marcia, not a relationship trying to overthrow one another seeing who has the ultimate "power". I know she too feels this way.

I am greatly burdened because this world don't seem to allow me to be a person of simplicity. I just want to serve and work the best way i can. You ask me if i want promotions or positions, seriously, i don't. Everything i do, i do it with a clear conscience. God sees and my promotion is in Him.

To the people in this world, don't let power and position steal your soul. It's not worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hi from California, USA
My daughter and I came across your blog by accident. We believe in Jesus too!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home